An opening of one's knowledge,capabilities, vision and guidance. The Kenaz is about creating a relationship,learning and allowing room for interpretation. When you are in the darkness,an opening with light is the best and most gracious thing to have bestowed upon you. This is a great time for putting energies into new opportunities. Come share my world as I see it.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Pittsburgh Wins Crosby Sweepstakes!

Needlessly to say I am estatic!. After the NHL 2005 draft lottery results were announced, I felt hope for the upcomming season. To see the Quebec phenom heading to Pittsburg is a hockey fans dream. My fantasy would be to watch Sydney Crosby lace it up for the first time and stand at centre ice with "The Magnificent Mario" on his wing, even if it's for one shift. With Crosby and last years first pick from Russia's Super League Evgeni Malkin Pittsburg is stocked full at centre for a long time. Along with recent graduate from Wilkes-Barre Colby Armstrong on right wing and 2003 Canadian Juniors sensation Marc-Andre Fleury in goal the Penguins have a strong nucleus of fine young talent.

It's a good thing for both Crosby and the league that this fine superstar of the future hadn't gone to either of the other two front runners, Carolina Hurricanes or Anaheim Mighty Ducks. He would have been wasted in markets that wouldn't use his on or off ice potential to their maximum. I watched him in interviews at the Juniors and in while he was in the QMJHL and this "kid" is head and shoulders above the average seventeen year old athlete.

Crosby has been forever compared to "The Great One". Let me tell you, I've seen the old interviews that he gave at the 1978 Juniors. Here was a skinny, shy and nervous kid, barely making any eye contact with the reporter or the camera. I relize that the kids today are primed for handling the media attention since the age of ten, but Crosby is a confident and poised young man. There isn't even the slightest touch of arrogance any where in his genes, but I wouldn't blame him if there was. Just look at his record of accomplishments so far.

Crosby single handedly carried the Rimouski Oceanic and was clearly the doninant talent at the Junior Championships. In Rimouski he steered the team to the Memorial Cup final, finishing with 168 points (66 goals, 102 assists) in just 62 games. Crosby also excelled in the 2005 World Junior Championships, helping lead Canada to the gold medal with six goals and three assists in six games.

The health of the NHL can finally be taken off the critical list. Maybe all this time off has rejuvinated the lethargic brains of Bettman and the rest of the NHL board of directors. No more yaking about bigger nets, no red line and size of equiptment. It's time to shut up and play!

Oh as a side note, I'm a Toronto fan, and lets say I'm not terribly optimistic about what the Leafs will draft with their number twenty eight pick. Maybe the guy who makes great Veggie dogs outside Union Station, near the GO Terminal. Man what great tong skills!

Well got to go, off to do the family get together thing. My sister and her fiance from Kingston are comming down later to pick up their kids who were staying at one of my other sisters.

Kenaz Out!

No comments: