The man in the story is in fact my cousin, my heart goes out the rest of the Bell Family. Here is the death notice placed by his family.
BELL, Glenn - Suddenly, as a result of an industrial accident on Monday, November 7, 2005, Glenn, in his 43rd year, loving father of Justin, friend of Diane. Beloved son of Thelma Guitar (Troll), predeceased by his father Nelson. Glenn will be sadly missed by his brother, two sisters and many other family members and friends. Friends may call at the MARLATT FUNERAL HOME & CREMATION CENTRE, 615 Main St. E. (east of Sanford Ave.) on Wednesday from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Funeral Services will be held from the Marlatt Memorial Chapel on Thursday, November 10, 2005 at 11 a.m. and will proceed to Woodland Cemetery for interment. Memorial donations to the Children's Wish Foundation of Canada would be appreciated.
Here is the story from the Hamilton Spectator
Forklift kills driver pinned underneath
By John Burman
The Hamilton Spectator
(Nov 8, 2005)
A 42-year-old Hamilton man has died of injuries he suffered when a forklift he was operating tipped over yesterday, pinning him beneath it.
Glenn Bell, an employee of the Direct Buy building supply warehouse on Barton Street East in Stoney Creek, was using the machine to unload a tractor trailer in a laneway beside the warehouse, when the accident occurred at 9:40 a.m.
Belinda Sutton, spokesperson for the Ontario Ministry of Labour, said two Occupational Health and Safety Act orders have been issued against Direct Buy as a result of the ongoing investigation
The company, which sells building materials to outlet club members at wholesale prices, has been ordered to provide an engineer's examination report on the machine, she said. And Direct Buy has been ordered not to use the machine until the first order is complied with.
A spokesperson for Direct Buy was not immediately available yesterday.
"Mr. Bell was unloading product from a truck when it tipped, pinning him underneath," Hamilton police Acting Staff Sergeant Mike Cunliffe said last night.
Cunliffe said there were no suspicious circumstances about Bell's death, which is considered an industrial accident and is being investigated by the Ministry of Labour.
Later,
Kenaz
2 comments:
Having recently suffered an injury due to an accident at work I am considering my options, due to the injury I have been unable to work and have not been receiving sick pay, does my boss have an option to pay me or is it dependent on circumstance? I can’t afford not to have money coming in but can’t work should I sue him or do I need a legal professional to speak to him for me? I have seen all those adverts on television about industrial accidents and people for silly amounts of money, am I entitled to a claim, I don’t want to post personal details but I was working away and fell off something because the support wasn’t secure and broke and I have injured myself!
Man, I hope your injuries are not permanent and you get well soon. I did a quick stat search and I see that you live in Britain. I'm not in a position to give the advice you need, but I suggest if G.B has a workers compensation board or the likes talk to them first. Secondly, definetly get a lawyer then. Drop a line and tell me how it works out. Good luck.
Post a Comment