And what did he get for it? Called a thug, vigilante by his peers and denied justice by the ones sworn to serve and protect.
I'm sorry but I call Don Shaxon a hero for what he did to a punk he found cowering in his Burlington basement. Alerted by the family cocker spaniel he found the teen, drunk to the gills, claiming he mistook the house on the quiet street as a party house that he tried to stumble to.
After punching and apprehending the 16-year-old he took for an intruder, Shaxon was accused by some bleeding heart teen advocates as going to far in defending his family and property. To make matters worse the police decided to not charge the kid. The only solace comes in the fact that the police did not charge him for the beating he gave the youth.
I applaud Mr. Shaxon for what he did, he did what every Canadian would have done, even those who said "oh he should have just called the cops". Sure and hope the punk doesn't kill you in the meantime.
The criminal code allows a person to use reasonable force to subdue a person illegally found on their property. The question was whether Mr. Shaxon crossed that line. The answer was obviously no, the kid was not seriously hurt, a bit bruised and a lot sore once he sobered up.
I have one thing to say to his critics, I hope you all feel so comfortable in your gated communities with your blinders on that you will never feel the sense of violation that this man felt and before you call someone a "thug" use your brain. These little scourge of society need to know who's boss and if the justice system allows room for people to act on their own accord then go for it.
Spectator link to the story
Later,
Kenaz
1 comment:
I completely agree! He was simply protecting his own. This is a case of simple self-defence, nothing more. I think anyone would have done the same, I would have.
Sincerely,
Jamie Boyle
Post a Comment