An opening of one's knowledge,capabilities, vision and guidance. The Kenaz is about creating a relationship,learning and allowing room for interpretation. When you are in the darkness,an opening with light is the best and most gracious thing to have bestowed upon you. This is a great time for putting energies into new opportunities. Come share my world as I see it.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Reply from Mr. Caplan on the Di Ianni post

This morning I received this interesting reply to a post from March 11,2006 entitled Mayor Diianni saga reads like a trashy novel.

I was looking through Blogs looking for my name and noted an error related to me. In fact I was accused but not guilty of contravening the act.

Throughout this "trashy" two and a half years my name and reputation were sullied by Ms Chapman.

I accepted no illegal donations, had all my records and my "reporting errors" consisted of leaving the word "Ltd." off a business name and misspelling another.

Would that McHattie, Christopherson and co. had the same honesty I do.

Innocent until proven guilty is a principal I would have thought you followed.

Cheers
marvin-caplan@gmail.com


Interesting in that not once do I say that Mr. Caplan was found "guilty" of accepting illegal donations and in fact say that he was only found guilty of bad book keeping as he implies. I guess when their are too many fingers in the pie, inevitably somebody will be caught with sticky fingers. Mr. Caplans beef is with Ms Chapman, the accuser, I'm only the messenger who wishes to spell out the saga for my readers. My account is as accurate as the facts that I have.

As far as Mr. Caplan questioning my belief in the Canadian justice system, yes Mr. Caplan you are "innocent until proven guilty" but the burden of proof is yours. And let me remind you and your college's as you enter the final phase of your election campaigns, the court of public opinion is often headed by a "hanging judge" with an itchy rope hand.

Good luck, Mr.Caplan you have done fine work in your riding and I hope you can distance yourself from those on the council who have done wrong and bring dignity back to Hamilton.

Thank You
from Kenaz's Blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was NOT guilty of anything including bad bookkeeping. If fact the auditor hired by the City didn't even bother to follow up with me after his only visit to me.

My records are complete and were not in any way faulty.

Since Ms Chapman has never discussed why she felt I was chsen to bear the burden of her attack, you are quite correct, my issue is with her.