An opening of one's knowledge,capabilities, vision and guidance. The Kenaz is about creating a relationship,learning and allowing room for interpretation. When you are in the darkness,an opening with light is the best and most gracious thing to have bestowed upon you. This is a great time for putting energies into new opportunities. Come share my world as I see it.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Things That Make You Just Shake Your Head

Here is a top five list of the well meaning questions I've gotten doing background work in the Toronto/Hamilton from the general public passing by a set and the answer that I'm thinking.

1. Are there any stars in this film?
(Nope, no heavenly bodies in this one, a black hole has sucked all the creativity out of this shlock. Example The short lived series "Wonderfalls)

2. Do you have any change?
(from a street beggar I was clearly wearing a police uniform too boot! Note, background performers make less than the guy who picks up road kill on the side of the highway. I was stumped by this guy.)

3. Are you allowed to shoot the guns?
(asked by a well meaning youngster, as she keenly spotted the replica glock placed in my holster. It would not be safe practice for a production company to allow extras to fire real weapons on a busy city street. Nuts.)

4. Can I be in the film?
(Asked by a man who decided to join the line of extras waiting to be cued by an AD(Assistant Director) to make their cross in front of the cameras. If you are that hard up to be seen on film, go the bank and stand in front of the security cam. Short answer no.)

5. Can I get your autograph?
(I'm not lying. On the set of John Q in 2000 a women was asking EXTRAS! for their autographs. Her reason, was just in case any of us made it big she could say I knew them when. And yes some people obliged, I didn't get a chance, really)

Kenaz,

No comments: