An opening of one's knowledge,capabilities, vision and guidance. The Kenaz is about creating a relationship,learning and allowing room for interpretation. When you are in the darkness,an opening with light is the best and most gracious thing to have bestowed upon you. This is a great time for putting energies into new opportunities. Come share my world as I see it.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Introvert partII-10 Ways to keep an introvert happy

If you want my attention, money or my loyalty here is my top ten ways you as a marketer or person can keep me and other introverts from wishing bad things would happen to you.

1.Don't invade my personal space-I don't like interruptions, uninvited visits or phone calls. I hate telemarketers, so much, my old answering machine message stated "If you are family, leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible, if you are trying to sell me something, hang up now!" It was quite effective, but a bit long. Anyway back to my point, extroverts will take the call, listen to your shpeel, politely tell you their not interested, four times! Then hang up, huff, puff, hit the high blood pressure button, yell, and curse the devil. Introverts get call display, get an answering machine and have your number blocked. Also they have no qualms whatsoever about hanging up on you or closing the door in your face. I'm not your friend I don't care if you think I'm rude.

2.Intoverts are info junkies-I would rather read those stupid ads on a bus than listen to someone yak non stop about their favourite ways to get drunk for fifteen minutes. So listen up marketers, put ads on buses that are interesting. Forget the booze ads, try ones that promote literacy and the arts. Or just try to sell me something I or the guy telling the dumb story can use mouthwash and deordarant.

3.I'm an introvert, just because I have an intent look on my face and don't say anything while you talk, it doesn't mean I'm brain dead!-Just because you talked to me doesn't mean I care a damn about what you have to offer. Make your point, and make it quick, if I'm interested I take your reading material and study it and get back to you if it interests me. This point is expecially for you religious groups who see fit to bug you at 8:00am on a Sunday in the middle of January. While not getting the hint to remove your foot from my door so I can close it and keep my heat in. You insist on wasting my time on stupid querries like do you think their is room in the world for more than one religious deity. Um, yes! You intolerant Judas goat!

4.The cute act doesn't cut it cookie!- Just because introverts tend to internalize and keep their personalities under raps, doesn't mean we don't have one. So don't act like a chihuahua on crack. Don't be giggly, peppy, over positive, enthusiastic or act like you just took the Tony Little motivation home course. Instead, be polite, know your stuff, get to the point, leave written material or menu and get lost.

5.Don't ASS-U-ME-As the old saying goes, or you the extrovert may end up getting my goat and looking like the donkey. Just because you may or may not hang out with important people and throw their names around like water, I don't care, it doesn't make me jealous because I don't know these people. Just because intoverts see no reason to window dress their egos like a two bit hooker and are willing to risk not getting ahead in the company because they aren't agressive in selling themselves, that doesn't mean they are losers, it just means me have the patience to wait until our skills sell themselves.

6.Once we make up our minds, that's it!-This means N O H Y P E. Not now! Not ever! Not only does brow beating not work, it is exhausting to introverts because we give energy while extroverts suck energy. When I get tired from hearing the same stupid thing over and over, I get irratable and annoyed. To quote Popeye, "I'se give, till I kansk take no more!" Than I start grabbing for the spinach!

7.Introverts are greatly afraid of making mistakes in public and don't like being humiliated-If you have something to say to me of a sensative or personal nature, do this in private. Give clear instructions and a demonstration of what you want. Then leave it with me and go! Don't hover over me. No matter how confident in my abilities I am you will make me feel like a child again.

8.Introverts hate small talk-With a passion! If you would like to make an excellent first impression, be polite and come quickly to the point. Above all, don't ask personal questions and by that I mean things that are none of your business, like where do you live, I don't want to invite you to my house.

9.Introverts hate rambling phone calls and cell phones are a neccessary evil not gods creation-Don't phone me and yak on about what your kids did in kindergarten, what you had for dinner or your beef with the hydro company. Surprise! I don't care! If I need to contact you, the introvert is an excellent writer of their thoughts, I will email you with a percise question and I expect the same in the form of a response.

Oh, please don't give me your facebook nickname, I'm not into instant chat and I don't want to be your buddy. I believe in the old ways of decorum when communicating, I hate bad grammer and stupid short hand, don't give me "lol" or I'll give you "wtf!".

While I'm on a role if I'm talking to you and your cell phone goes off, don't expect me to stand their while you yak. I'll get back to you when your not so busy.

10.Introverts say what they mean-If you haven't guessed. Please feel right at home and ad a comment if you wish. I may respond. Wink.

Later,
Kenaz

No comments: